There are a number of pregnancy test strips from various brands that you are able to find in a drugstore or even in a marketplace. Most of them use stripes to show whether you are pregnant or not. However, Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown offers a different method.
Instead of using stripes to show whether you are pregnant or not, this tool uses words. And even before the result is shown, the Smart Countdown will show in sequence to show you that the test is progressing. With this feature, you will be more excited to wait for the result.
How do we read this Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test? It is very easy, but if you need the tutorial, you are able to read it below.
The Steps to Use Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test and How to Read the Result
Before you test by using a Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test, you have to prepare everything first so that the result will be accurate. It is also better if you read the instruction leaflet carefully before you take a pregnancy test.
If you test from the day you expect your period, you are able to test at any time of the day. However, if you test early, you have to use the first urine of the day. If you are ready to test, then you have to remove the digital pregnancy test stick from the wrapper and take off the blue cap. And then, you can use the test now. Here is what you have to do to test whether you are pregnant or not after you remove the digital pregnancy test stick from the wrapper.
1. After you remove the digital pregnancy test stick from the foil wrapper and take off the blue cap, you have to put the absorbent tip in your urine stream.
Do it for 5 seconds only. Alternatively, you can collect your urine sample in a clean, dry container and then place the absorbent tip in it for 20 seconds only.
You have to make sure that you do not drink too much liquid before you test and throughout testing, don’t hold a testing point upwards. If you hold the testing point upwards, it may lead to test error.
2. After that, you have to replace the cap and lay the test stick flat.
3. Now, you will see that the Smart Countdown appears on the display which indicates that the test is working. You will see that every segment appears in sequence about the progress of the test.
4. Within 1 to 3 minutes, your result will appear. On the display, it will show ‘Pregnant’ if you are pregnant and this result will remain on the display for up to 6 months, but it will show ‘Not Pregnant’ if you are not pregnant and this result will remain on the display for around 24 hours.
If the result of your test shows that you are pregnant, then you are able to go to your doctor to ensure it and also to consult the next step that you have to do. However, if the result shows that you are not pregnant, but you still doubt it, you are able to wait around 3 days and then test again by using a new test.
If you look for it on Amazon or the official website https://www.clearblue.com, maybe now it will look like this. But all versions have the same accuracy.
More details on video below:
Why Do We Have to Test with Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test?
There are several reasons why you have to test whether you are pregnant or not with this Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test as you are able to read below.
- This pregnancy test has a feature to count down to the result so that it can reassure you that the test is working.
- The result will show in words. It means that there are no interpreting lines and you will get an accurate reading at an emotional time.
- This pregnancy test has the extra wide absorbent tip and integrated Floodguard Technology so that it can reduce errors during testing.
- The test is over 99% accurate to detect pregnancy from the day you expect your period.
- This test is sensitive enough to be used 5 days sooner before your missed period.
The Thing That You Can Do If the Test Says ‘Not Pregnant’
When the test says ‘Not Pregnant’, it can mean that you are not pregnant or you are pregnant, but the level of pregnancy hormone may not yet be high enough to be detected. Another possibility is that you probably have miscalculated the day your period was due.
Read also: 7 Reasons Why the Pregnancy Test Strips Are Negative When You Are Pregnant
So, if you tested early, you have to test again when you expect your period. If your period has passed, you are able to test again 3 days after you took the first test.
How About the Accuracy of Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown?
The important thing that you have to consider about choosing a pregnancy test is about its accuracy. How about the Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test? Is it accurate enough to test a pregnancy? This product claims that it is more than 99% accurate in laboratory tests when it is used from the day you expect your period. If you want to get an accurate result, make sure that you test properly so that reading the instructions is important.
How does this test stick work? When you are pregnant, the pregnancy hormone hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) is produced by your body and the level of hCG will increase in the early stages of pregnancy. The tiny amounts of this hormone in your urine can be detected by Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown.
Medication or Medical Conditions That Affect the Test Result
Of course, you want to get an accurate result from this test. So, before you conduct the pregnancy test, it is recommended for you to read the instructions for any medication you are taking because it may affect the result. If you get fertility drugs which contain hCG such as Pregnyl and Profasi, it can give a wrong result. The other fertility therapies, painkillers, and hormonal contraceptives may not affect the result of the test, but you also have to note that if you just stopped taking hormonal contraception or are using fertility therapies, your periods may not be regular and it may lead you to test too soon.
There is a possibility that you get a false positive ‘Pregnant’ result. It can happen if you have recently been pregnant. Besides, if you have ectopic pregnancy, menopause, ovarian cysts and other medical conditions, the result may be misleading.
The Reasons of the Test Errors
Above, you have read several reasons why this pregnancy test stick can give you a misleading result. You are also able to get an error if you do not use this test stick properly. Here are several reasons why you get an error during testing.
- You do not lay the test flat after urine is applied.
- You let the absorbent tip point upward.
- You apply too much or too little urine.
When you get an error, it is better for you to test again by using a new test and then make sure that you follow the instructions carefully.
What about a blank error? You may find that the Smart Countdown does not appear after you conduct a test or you find that it starts to run, but then the screen goes blank. If it happens, you have to test again by using a new test.